The Neuro-oncology program at the ANS Brain Tumor Center delivers a patient centered approach to brain tumor treatment, with the patient and their family at the center of all treatment related decisions. We diagnose and compassionately treat each patient with the multidisciplinary specialists that provide highly individualized expert care that is unique to each patient.
Caring for patients with neuro-oncological disease is a complex task that requires input from many specialists. At the ANS Brain Tumor Center each patient is discussed at our multi-disciplinary Neuro-Oncology tumor board with all medical specialties present to review each case and make the best diagnosis and individualized treatment plan.
We developed an interdisciplinary team of experts in Brain tumor surgery, Radiation Oncology, Neuro-oncology, Neuro-radiology, Neurology, Neuro-pathology, Nutrition, Physiatry and Social Work. Our team can provide the most effective and safest treatment — even on the most challenging types of tumors.
With expert training and state-of-the-art technology our surgeons are able to safely operate on even the most challenging brain tumors while maximizing the extent of tumor resection. We use cutting edge technology and techniques for surgery such as:
- Computer assisted image guided stereotaxis (neuronavigation)
- Endoscopic and minimally invasive surgery
- Awake intraoperative functional brain mapping
- Electrophysiological motor and sensory mapping
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Functional MRI, DTI and MEG imaging of the Brain
- Novocure TTF Therapy for recurrent glioblastoma
- Fractionated Stereotactic Radiosurgery for recurrent glioma
- Temozolamide and Beva. (Avastin) for adult malignant glioma
- Brain tumor vaccine clinical trials
- Endoscopic surgery for resection of deep seated brain tumors
- Resection cavity Stereotactic Radiosurgery for brain metastases
- Molecular tumor profiling including: MGMT, IDH-1, IDH-2, 1p19q and EDFR status
- Enrollment in national clinical trials